Date: April 10, 2021
Time : 10am to 11am MYT
• Mr Alvin Tan – Moderator
• Ms May Ng – EducationUSA Advisor,
• Dr Rose Honegger – Associate Director of Global Engagement, ULL (Class of 2016)
• Ms Zoe Tan – Social Media Manager at Kaspersky Lab in Boston (Class of 2015)
• Cultures and Activities in Lafayette
• Fast facts about our university: 2nd largest university in the state of Louisiana
• Issues F1 and J1 student visas for international students to study
• 8 colleges and 100 majors and concentrations
• Undergraduate admissions requirement
• Graduate admissions requirement
• Cost of attendance – undergraduate students
• Cost of attendance – graduate students
• Scholarships: Cayenne, Legacy and Fleur-de-Lis
• Graduate assistantships and funding
• Application deadline
• Application checklist
• Intensive English Program and contact information
• CPT and OPT; Student Life
Our Alumni Chat series continues with Study in Louisiana this Saturday at 10.00 AM. Catch our alumni Dr. Rose Honegger and Zoe Tan, both from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette as they share their experience studying in the Pelican state and how it has helped shape them into who they are today.
Dr. Rose Honegger received her Ph.D. in Applied Language and Speech Sciences in 2016, and she is currently working as the Associate Director of Global Engagement at the university and Zoe Tan, who is now a Social Media Manager at Kaspersky Lab in Boston, received her B.A. in English and Creative Writing in 2015. This session will be moderated by Alvin Tan, Louisiana State University Alum, ’85.
To hear more from these Ragin’ Cajuns, please register at http://bit.ly/studyinlouisiana or by scanning the QR code and we hope to see you there!
Speaker 1: Mr. Yeoh Chen Chow is Co-Founder of Fave Group, merchant digital platform in South East Asia. Fave serves tens of thousands of offline local business, ranging from restaurants, spas, offline retails, hotels, attractions etc. He is an alumnus of Cornell University and an Eisenhower Fellow. He is an angel investor as well.
Speaker 2: Mr. Jamaludin Bujang joined Gobi in 2019 and is overseeing operations and investment activities at Gobi’s Kuala Lumpur office. Prior to Gobi, he was the CEO of MAVCAP, Malaysia’s largest venture capital firm, which has directly and indirectly invested in over 1,100 startups since 2001. While at MAVCAP, Jamal shifted the company’s strategic direction to focus on raising funds from the private sector and managing funds with local and international VC partners, including 500 Startups, Elixir Capital, Gobi Partners, Vynn Capital and Intres Capital.
Time: 3.30pm — 5.00pm